Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Aunt Flow...I Strongly Dislike You

Well as you can tell from the title the bitch decided to come and visit, like she does every month at this time.  However this time she came with all force, I think she has been working out too cause holy hell it feels like she is kicking the shit out of ovaries and everything down there.  Well I knew last nights weigh in was going to suck because I not only was I super sore but I was bloated and pretty sure I resembled a beluga whale of some sort.  I tried having a hot bath before weigh to reduce some of it but no such luck.  Stepped on the scale and up 2...I was pretty upset about it cause I worked my butt of this week and stayed on track and this is what I get in return.  Yesterday afternoon I even took my last 3 of 8 kids I had left for the day for a walk.  So after figuring it out  the 3 of them together would have weighed in just shy of 100lbs and took the dog with us so I had a 35lb dog pulling my other arm.  As someone mentioned to me, I likely felt like Gumby and too think of it I kind of did.  Oh well ce la vie ce la vie.  Stepped on the scale this morning and I am down 5lbs to what I weighed in at yesterday so that makes me feel better knowing that and hoping that I likely lost 2 lbs this past week.   I have taken up using resistance bands this last couple days and wow I sure feel it is my arms and legs lots but no pain means you are not doing a whole lot so bring it on.  I also love the nice weather as I get double the workout- 1 taking 25 minutes getting all the kids bundled up and 2 playing outside with them in the snow or taking them for walks.  I know this weather is leaving us on Friday but take advantage of it while you can, remember our bodies love atleast 30 minutes of physical activity in a day, even if our minds like to tell us different.  So lets get up and go!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy!
    I didn't realize you also wrote a blog, or I would have started reading immediately. However, I also have serious out of control PMS symptoms, and I was wondering if you take a multivitamin or anything? If you don't I highly suggest taking one, along with a B Complex. I also find in the week leading up to it's arrival, if I hold off on salt and carbs a bit, the week of I find that not only do I no longer gain weight due to water rentention, but I have actually lost! Just a few ideas, I know I always welcome them in this area. It's definitely frustrating to put the work in and feel it's ruined by something you can't control - for the most part.

    ReplyDelete