Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sure wishes for spring and summer to come

Well this week I started back at the gym and it made me really miss being able to exercise outdoors.  Nothing beats being able to go for a nice long walk or bike ride after supper on a nice warm summer evening.  However I guess I must let reality check in and stick with the gym until atleast April as I am sure that is going to be when we start getting some warmer temperatures.  I am not one who is big into weight training but I do love my cardio work outs.  The other night I did 12 minutes on the eliptical on the weight loss setting and holy crap it kicked my butt and then from there I went and did 35 minutes on the treadmill with every 2 minutes at 4.0 speed I would increase the incline by 2 till I hit 15 and then I did a nice slow the heart rate down session.  It felt fantastic and I felt really good when I got off of it.  However I went in with knowing I need to take it easy as I have a mean head and chest cold.  After I got ready to go home it really kicked in how soar the old lungs were.  So I have decided to take the rest of the week off and get over this cold before I end up having to go to the doctor or hospital.  I am still going to continue to use my eliptical at home just maybe at a lower pace or I might even dig out my wii fit and dust it off and get my butt back on it.
Well I only lost .4 pounds this week but I have to smile and remember it was a loss and not a gain and just to keep on going.  It is only going to get better from here on in.  So keep smiling and remember "Success is not a race, be patient".  So cheers to another week my friends.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment